Saturday, June 30, 2012

2 Short Poems: Displaying My Love for God

To Be Loved By You:
     I don't know where I would be without you. I tell myself I don't deserve you. Your love consumes me and makes me want to please you and no matter how bad I've treated you--
-When I cursed you
-When I cheated spending time with you
-When I even tried to go on without you
     You still remain unchanged and love me for who I am.
Nothing like the love of God.

Stop Playing Yourself:
     You wish upon a star for something you want most
     You wish upon an eyelash for something you can boast
     A flick of a coin in a pond for something you hold dear
     And don't step on the crack or a visit to the chiropractor for your mother will be near

     Good luck should be yours if you gather little trinkets
     And don't split that pole or let a black cat walk in front of you, you may think it
     Forward that text message and that email
     Its a crazy thought but yet you do it without fail

     You put faith in it.
     You drag in hope.
     You put your heart in it.
     A positive outcome will be yours you know...

     Well...STOP!

     The best positive outcome is God!
     The one who can give it all is God!
     The one who can provide simply because He wants to?
     The one who can provide simply because He loves you?
     
     GOD!!

     No false hope.
     No broken promises.
     Just His word.
     Which can be relied on!!

     Love.
     Mercy.
     Forgiveness.
     Grace.

No comments: